Guides & Information

I’m a freelancer- what insurance do I need?

Whatever your line of work, working for yourself brings freedom and great reward. Yet, self-employment also entails a degree of risk. Vital documents may go missing and miscalculations or misjudgements may occur, for example. As with all manners of employment, things can go wrong. Taking out business insurance will limit the financial repercussions for any mistakes or mishaps that may arise.

Inzurly recommends taking out professional indemnity insurance to protect yourself from the negative repercussions of a client criticising your work. Professional indemnity insurance covers compensation for any losses incurred, as well as the cost of any legal expenses. Moreover, taking out Public Liability Insurance will protect you against claims that you’ve damaged somebody else’s property, or caused injury to a third party.